Product Description
The ultra-lightweight Ogio® Velocity stand bag weighs in at a mere 3.6 lbs. It keeps you cool and comfortable with the O-Shox™ suspension strap system and an airflow shoulder harness. The Velocity includes more than enough space for clubs and accessories.
| List Price: | $195.00 |
| Price: | $117.00 |
| as of Sun, 03 Mar 2013 06:24:18 GMT ***Remember, deals price on this item for sale just for limited time*** | |
Product Details
- Size: 9.5 x 13.75 x 37.5-Inch
- Color: Clear Sport
- Brand: OGIO
- Model: 125002.404
- Released on: 2010-10-25
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 9.50" h x 13.80" w x 37.50" l, 6.50 pounds
Features
- 9" woode 7-way UltraLite Performance top
- O-Shox suspension strap system
- AFS air flow system tech shoulder straps
- Fleece lined valuables pocket
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
6 of 7 people found the following review helpful.Good, but...
By mikey
I'm nearly 50, play off a handicap of 4 and only ever carry my bag.
I looked long and hard to find a great carry bag. The Velocity has an excellent bag layout, pockets are just right, though the club dividers could do with a bit more cushioning as they're wearing paint off the shafts of my woods. But that isn't really an issue, the big problem is the carry straps, they let the bag down. They don't sit comfortably or snugly on your shoulders and get tangled up too often when you're putting the bag on and that's a pain.
Ogio have taken "lightweight" too far. Take a close look at the fixtures for the shoulder straps and you know you might get a season - if you're lucky - out of the bag before it falls apart. I play all year round twice a week and I am hoping I am wrong, but not holding my breath. The attachment of the straps to the bag are flimsy when they should be significantly more robust. After all, they are taking all the strain of walking 10km round a course, bouncing up and down. It might cost 100gm in weight to fix the issue, maybe more or less but it would be well worth it. I want a bag that is going to last and not get thrown away because one key part fails and cant be repaired when it shouldn't break in the first place. What a waste of resources to make it when the rest of the bag is in great nick.
I have had other Ogio carry bags and had to repair the strap attachments on multiple occasions until they gave way. My last Ogio bag is now only good for a cart, even though the rest of the bag is in excellent condition. I can see it will be the same story with my latest Velocity bag.
Also I don't want a bag that is a movable billboard with a giant logo and the Velocity is very understated and that's excellent in my view. I am not paid to advertise for them.
The only other issue is the material they use as a weather cover over the clubs. It is too thin and has started to fall apart. I know its all a trade off with weight, but I wish companies would stop making consumer items that are meant to be tossed away so fast. A golf bag is a utilitarian device, not a fashion statement. Companies spend way so much time dicking around with "sexy" design they forget to use industrial design and fit the object for its purpose.
Carrying your clubs and walking the course is the way golf is meant to be played. My advice is get out of your cart before you have a heart attack. Walking 10km is good for you, period. And better still with 12kg on your back. And Ogio, stop sacrificing performance for every last little bit of weight, I'd happily carry a bit more in exchange for increased comfort and longevity.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.Light, but ....
By Rico
I have used the Ogio Velocity for about 2 months and the quality of the bag is very poor. The shoulder straps are painful and to small to divide the weight. The O-shox are pushing in your back and are not comfortable. The stands are broken or parts fall off. The inner lining is very poor and pockets fall apart. The Woody top with handle is made of hard plastic and the shaft of my driver is heavily damaged. Hope my shaft will not break one of these days.
It is light but the shoulder straps will not divide the weight properly and after 50 yards start hurting. You can't change the straps as they are fixed to the bag.
I have contacted the Ogio customerservice and send them an e-mail with photo's. No reaction so far.
The review which I posted on their website is not published probably because it's to critical. However reaction from Amazon customer service was superb!!! My compliments for Amazon.
This is my seventh Ogio bag, the worst I have ever bought. Disappointing design.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.Beautiful Golf Bag
By golfgrl
Can't wait for golf season so I can show off my awesome bag.. Very light weight and has lots of pockets. I absolutely love the color and style of this bag.. FORE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment